vicky

Vic's Booklikes

“So many books, so little time.”

The Disassembled Life of Duncan Cole

The Disassembled Life of Duncan Cole - S.  Hart [b:The Disassembled Life of Duncan Cole|21935882|The Disassembled Life of Duncan Cole|S. Hart|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1397602205s/21935882.jpg|41236685]
I had no idea what I was getting into and this was my first time reading anything by S. Hart.

This booked grabbed me and never let me go. Viewing the strange town of "crush" from Duncan's POV was such a treat. Ms. Hart did such a good job at creating this world and the characters, that I could feel the plaster pieces falling on my head.

I loved to watch Duncan and Sam grow into a real relationship with out all the b.s. and angst. Even though they had their doubts, I could feel the steps they took to grow through mostly mature actions.

“I wanted to make the right decision, but that’s the thing that nobody ever had the decency to explain to me: sometimes there is no correct path. There’s only a path where you get slightly less fucked and it’s a matter of picking which undesirable consequences you’re better equipped to handle.”

The writing flowed beautifully, the characters were vivid, and the story was a trip and a 1/2.

My only gripe would be that there was a few repeated sentences and phrases, but not enough to make me put this book down. I devoured it in 1 week.

Please take a chance on this novel - it's definitely a hidden jewel!