vicky

Vic's Booklikes

“So many books, so little time.”

Shattered Glass

Shattered Glass - Dani Alexander, Joseph Northton [b:Shattered Glass|13420351|Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1)|Dani Alexander|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327194818s/13420351.jpg|18819996]

***audible version*** listening to Shattered Glass right now and it's awesome. Great narration! 5/14/14
I think I liked the audio version better. Anxiously waiting for 2nd book in series :)
**********************
Review from Sept 4, 3013:
Brilliant book!!!

This book had me captivated from the beginning and I couldn't finish it fast enough!! I instantly became infatuated with Austin and his snarky personality, inner dialogue, good looks, and banter with his co-worker, family, and Peter the Rabbit (even if he was an a-whole). The story had just enough angst and hot sex combined with so many twists and turns that I didn't know where it was headed, but it worked brilliantly.

The MC, Austin, is a cop on the fast track to the FBI and is engaged to a woman. All it takes is one look at Peter’s bunny slippers and freckles to change the course of his life. He immediately falls "head over heals" and starts reevaluating his life choices when it comes to relationships with men. Once he comes out, he has to face homophobia, but he trudges along and continues because of his infatuation with Peter. It was not smooth sailing because Peter is a hooker and comes with all sorts of family problems and secrets. I had a hard time figuring out who was telling the truth. I fell in love with Peter and was rooting for him to be the “good guy”.
Unfortunately there was some mis-communication and wrong interpretations’, but that just added to the plot and I wasn't doing any “face-palms”. I felt the secondary characters each had their own piece of the puzzle and didn't get in the way of the MC’s in an annoying way. Oh, and let’s not forget the hilarious chapter titles :)

I literally could not put this book down. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about the characters. Now What?!?

I can't wait for the next book!