vicky

Vic's Booklikes

“So many books, so little time.”

Capture & Surrender

Capture & Surrender - L.A. Witt, Aleksandr Voinov [b:Capture & Surrender|17731296|Capture & Surrender (Market Garden #5)|L.A. Witt|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1365104338s/17731296.jpg|24804974]

I’m a big fan of the Market Garden series and this was my favorite edition. In Capture & Surrender we learn about Frank, the owner of the Garden, where all the rent boys work. Frank is instantly attracted to Nick’s replacement, Stephan, but doesn’t date his employees so he holds himself back, not wanting to break his own rules.

It starts out with a weekend of paintball, where ANYTHING goes and the attraction builds from there. Stephan is everything Frank wants in a man, but recently lost his partner to AIDS and is afraid to open up again.

I love that this story deals with the issue of AIDS in terms of how to live with the decease on an emotional as well as physical level. Props to Voinov & Witt!

Stephan doesn’t take no for an answer and continues to pursue Frank and Frank can’t deny his feelings. There are lots of tender moments (even brought a tear to my eyes), plenty of sensuous sex, romance and a tiny bit of kink. When the sparks fly between these two it’s very passionite and hot!

We also get a glimpse at Raoul, the hot bartender/asst manager - I'm hoping the next book features his story (hint/hint).